Pontiac Firefly AKA 'The Electrafly' conversion from ICE to 132V DC Electric
Colin J McCubbin.© 2008/2014 ( Click on any thumbnail to enlarge it. )
<< Previous page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next page >>

1688
Oops, the supplied motor mount doesn't exactly 'fit'....

1689

1693
The proportioning valve will just stop the bigger front battery box from going in, so it will have to move.

1694

1695

1696
And this load of rusty #@$% will be replaced.

1697
New plate fabricated and proportioning valve mount re-attached in new location.

1698

1699
Proportioning valve mounted in new location.

1700
Let's rethink how to mount that motor. Note the two small red wires from the motor, this is a thermal trip, closes @ 120 degs C.

After 'hard' mounting the motor as per this picture, I finally decided that wouldn't be good, so a new mounting system based around a flexible aftermarket engine mount is in the works..


1703
Front battery box mounting. An engine mount from a donor car turned round and modified to fit on driver's side, matching the original one on the other side.

1704
30$ heatsink from Ebay... Might be useful for the controller. (Can't keep power transistors too cool after all.)

1705
3 battery box, rear mounting plate. It will hang from the Turbo Tech strut tower bar.

1706
Had to offset the hanger plate to miss the wiper motor.

1707

1709
3 battery box and 2 battery box, test fitting.. These were actually a 5 battery box from CEV, which I cut and reforned into two boxes.

1710
First attempt at 2 battery box fitting. Note the new brake booster.

1711

1712
3 battery box is tight, but about 1/2" clearance is enough!

1713
<< Previous page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next page >>
[ This free database less photogallery, written in php can be downloaded from sfpg 3.6.0 - sye.dk ]